Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day weekend

Our Daddy!

Our family had a long weekend this last weekend. Daniel had originally taken off for us to go to the Mid America Shelby Meet in Tulsa, OK. We decided due to may different circumstances, not to go. Daniel can always find stuff to do. So much stuff that I can't believe that we thought we might have had time to go out of town! One thing Dan likes to do is go to the skate park. Here is Dan posing for me!Branson is so much like his daddy. Look at that face he makes while he is jumping. Scary isn't it!

Oh no! I see trouble coming. He loves this bike. It was his sisters. He is going to ride the wheels off of it. He is too funny. He jumps it when he sees Branson and Dan jumping and doing wheelies. He even rode around the block with his dad.

The above pictures were on a weekday morning. The next pictures were at the annual skateboarding and BMX competition on Saturday. We arrived at 11 in the morning. It was already sweltering. It had to be in the mid 90's. The kids and Dan actually sat for a picture.

We were so happy they were handing out free drinks! Branson, Macy, and Lane loved them.

Downing a cold one!

Only when they were mostly gone, did I read the ingredients. At 57 grams of sugar and who knows how much caffeine, my children will not be drinking anymore of these. There is a reason they are called Monster Energy!
This is Duke ~ local bike celebrity. He is awesome to watch. He makes riding a bike look effortless, even when pulling off a back flip!

It is amazing that they can keep their bearings about them while they are flipping around. I have a hard time letting go of the handlebars to itch my nose!

They get SO high in the air. It is very impressing. I would highly recommend going out to the skatepark to watch one of these events. If you can't go to one, just go to John Stiff park while Duke is there. You will get the idea!

We had a busy weekend, and we had a good day today (Sunday). I was fortunate enough to get to spend the day with my kids, my dad, and Dan. You can't ask for more!
I would like to say thanks to my dad and Dan for being great dads! I think you are both amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Cheers to great dads and gorgeous kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME photo of Branson!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping that the Monster cans were empty and the kids were just posing as I was looking at the pics. -Hilary

    ReplyDelete