Monday, September 15, 2008

Lane is 2!!!!!

The first order of business for Lanie's birthday was a haircut. We love his little blond hair, but it was getting pretty long in the back. This is a before picture - - just for comparisons sake.Lane has been infatuated with Lighting McQueen and the movie, Cars. So I made a cake with his favorite things on it. He has carried the firetruck, Red, around since he got it off the cake.
Here we are planning on blowing out the candles.

He finally got some cake, but he wouldn't let go of the Cars off the top long enough to eat it. If it weren't for a few kind souls that took pity on him and fed him, he wouldn't have gotten any birthday cake or ice cream at all!
Opening presents is always fun. However, I think Macy opened more than Lane. He didn't really dive in until he was about done!

Lane got lots of goodies for the kids to check out!
Lane got to open a few presents sitting in NeeNee's lap. The other kids were held at bay for a few moments!
See my new haircut! Here is an unbrushed, after picture. Amazingly it is a lot shorter than it was before - - the pictures don't do it justice! He really looks cute - - but I am not partial or anything! (am I?)









3 comments:

  1. Diggin' the new hair cut. He looks older already. :-) Give him an extra hug for James and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan--you made the blog. Yea!! Jayli is really enjoying the birthday pictures. She says, "Lane a Buddar." We had fun at Lane's party.

    ReplyDelete