We spent quite some time preparing for Christmas.
Branson made a beautiful gingerbread house.
We rearranged the decorations on the tree and made it look presentable.
On Christmas Eve we went to Grandpa Mike and Cindy's house. Where we began the festivities. Branson wasn't able to join us as he was running a fever and feeling pretty poorly. As we starting opening presents Lane was deep in thought. I don't remember what he was opening ~ but I am still marveling at his beautiful eyelashes!
Our beautiful cousin Caroline has more curls than Macy. What a doll!
Her sister, Allison is such a sweet girl. She is getting big so fast.
Their sister, Lauren who is so vibrant and full of life.
And my dad, Grandpa Mike, who was nice enough to let all of the children come to his house and make an enormous mess!
Grandma Betty had to get down on the floor to help out per the children's request.
We made sure to bring Branson's presents home so he had something to open on Christmas eve too. Poor guy - I sure wish he would have felt better.
Branson woke up Christmas morning feeling a bit better with no fever. He was the only one that woke up. Macy and Lane had to be gotten out of bed. Seriously I think there is something wrong with having to get your kids out of bed on Christmas ~ backwards I think! Macy did find that Santa had left her a new puppy and blanket.
Lane got a new bike. I am going to have to get a video clip of him riding it around the house. He is a riot.
Branson got a telescope. I think we are all destined to learn a lot about the planets and constellations.
Branson had made a ceramic chip and dip plate for his dad. He did a good job and we were so proud of him.
There were plenty of presents to open.
Lane now believes that if he can't see you, you can't see him. He was avoiding me in this shot.
Our resident princess got some new clothes. She had to change right away!
After our morning at home, we made our trip to NeeNee's house. The kids like this better than Santa. When we first got there I was actually able to get them all to sit still for a picture together. This is like trying to staple Jello and about as much fun.
Lane is such a boy's boy. A four-wheeler at 2 yrs old. Wow - I am so in for it later. He loves it!
And Macy is quite the girly girl. She lives in the land of PINK.
Grandma Betty and Papa Tom had to help out again. There are always so many things to open.
Nee Nee has to help out with the microscope.
Macy and I both got fuzzy crocs. I am really going to try and wear them around the house only. They are so unattractive. But WOW are they comfortable. The people from What Not to Wear may have to come haul me off.
Macy got a Rose Petal Cottage and some lipstick that she was happy to share with Lane.
Their sister, Lauren who is so vibrant and full of life.
You see those beautiful faces and you know what Christmas is all about-I love the narrative!NeeNee
ReplyDeleteI want to play with that kangaroo!!! That is so adorable. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Hope the kids are all feeling better for New Years. We'll see y'all then!
ReplyDeleteWow! Looks like lots of fun. You are the best blogger I know :) I always enjoy looking at pictures of your beautiful children. We've been missing you guys! Lori
ReplyDelete