This year we joined some of Daniel's family at Beaver Lake in Arkansas. There was camping and boating. We had a good time and really enjoyed getting to see everyone. Here is a picture of most of the family member's attending this year's get together. Some had already left by the time we got around to doing this, but all things considered, the picture turned out pretty good.
Our campsite
Branson and me
Daniel and his mom
Macy fell in love with her "new" cousin. She is still talking about her a week later. She is ready to move to Nebraska, just so she can see Myla more often.
Branson loves being drug behind the boat. I swear he never gets tired!
A great crash picture, courtesy of Dan
Dan kneeboarding out in the calm waters.
Here I am, posing for the camera.
When we pulled up the anchor, we found our catch of the day.
Branson and his antics

Notice that Macy has a firm grip on the tube, always!!
The view from the top of our campground.
All the roads in Arkansas and Missouri look like this. It is really hard for those of us used to wide open spaces to get used to views like this.
You can't go to Arkansas without seeing an outhouse!
Here is my little family at the fish hatchery in Branson, Missouri.
My poor Branson had a rough bout with motion sickness. It took him awhile to recover from traveling the tree-lined, curvy, mountainous roads.
We saw a car decorated with all sorts of crazy things. Branson even found an "old-school" Transformer!
We saw a gorgeous butterfly in the gardens at the fish hatchery.
Our campground hostess, Ms. Nell was an avid animal lover. She had all sorts of wild animals flocking to her and her campground. She had hummingbirds, cardinals, and all sort of other birds.
She even had a tame rooster. I didn't know such things existed. She held it and the kids were able to pet him.
My handsome husband out beside the lake.
Still for 5 seconds, whew!
Branson took this shot of Daniel and me
When we saw Thunderbird Lake on the Oklahoma map, I really didn't know what to expect. I was really pleasantly surprised.
I really should have put all the pictures of my family's attempt to hold hands after this. All of the pulling, yanking, jerking, leaning, and so on made for quite a set of pictures! This was the first picture I took, they went downhill from here.
Our campsite
Still for 5 seconds, whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment