Friday, April 25, 2008

Home from Corpus

With the generous help of a lot of family, Daniel and I were able to get away for a couple of days. Daniel's work sent him to Corpus Christi for a few days for some classes. My dad gave me a pass to fly down and stay with him. I was able to sleep in, relax, and read while he was in class!!!! (a novel concept in itself with kids). When he was out of class, we were able to explore the area. Here is Dan out on a pier in the bay. It was incredibly windy - - yes, even by Amarillo standards! We ventured out and checked out the Lexington. I was amazed at the size. The picture doesn't do it justice. We spent 2 hours and were practically running through it. If you click on the picture, you can see cars next to it - - just for a reference point. HUGE!! There are about a dozen planes on the deck and it wasn't half full.

Me at the entrance to the ship. We took this picture mostly because Lane has become infatuated with planes and helicopters.


Another picture with John McCain's story on it. You will have to click on it to read it. I didn't really ever give this guy much thought, but he certainly has my respect now.



This is a plane similar to the one he was shot down in. It has his name under the windshield (most likely not the correct term, but bear with me here!)




Remind me not to bring my children here! This sign cracked me up!






Well, you know I could feed the kids to the sharks if they got out of line!

Again, thanks to all of you who helped us be able to go. Dad, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa, and Michelle! You are truly appreciated! Also thanks to Cindy - - Meiko looks great!








No comments:

Post a Comment