Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Branson . . .

Branson has the best music teacher, Mr. Stickrod. He might be borderline crazy, but he is AWESOME! Mr. Stickrod voluntarily took 70 3rd grade kids to the opera on Friday night! I don't know if I would take even 1 3rd grade kid to the opera. . . . I don't know if I would take me to the opera. Anyway, Branson wanted to get dressed up in his suit so I saw this as an opportunity to take some pictures. Branson thought otherwise! Other than that . . . I have been thinking . . . . and I have decided that as much trouble as little kids can be I am not letting mine get any older. When they are this size, Mommies can fix almost all of their problems. Look what a smile you can get from even just an Organic Crispy Rice bar - - seriously I don't think I would be happy with these! But when you are 2 it just might be the solution to nearly all problems.
The bigger they get the less helpful you are. Yesterday Branson came home from school and told me that he had a bad day. The other kids wouldn't let him play with them. He apparently asked several kids if he could join their game and they yelled at him and told him to go away. Crying, he told me that he sat under a tree alone all recess. Relieved when he heard the bell to go it, he was again devastated when it was only time for the other class to go in. He looked at me through tears and said, "I though recess was supposed to be the fun part of the day.?.?.?" I have never in my life wanted to physically strangle children I don't even know, but last night I was ready to hunt them down! He has more strength than I do . . . he got up this morning happy and ready to go to school. His resilience was amazing to me. No hesitation, no question, no mention of the day before . . . . amazing really.
Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend. He is always paired up with the big kids. this one wasn't so tall, but just hefty.

Here he is going after the quarterback. I love his faces when he is playing. This is serious stuff to him!



Go Branson. . . . . . I guess that is what I am resigned to be. . . . his cheerleader from here on out. But trust me . . . If I find those kids . . . . .







2 comments:

  1. What handsome boys you have!! If we could only guard our kids forever and hug their troubles away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may have to beat grandma neenee to those other kids!

    ReplyDelete