Friday, June 19, 2009

A Muddy Outing? (or not)

Friday morning we were supposed to go to the park for a play-group. It had been doing this for days, and I was very afraid that it was going to be to wet and muddy at the park. Macy had been looking forward to going all week, and I couldn't bear to tell her no. So we got dressed up for the park, and off we went. I can not convey to you how excited Macy was about going to the park.
You see, one of her friends was going to be there. She hasn't had the chance to go to the park with her friend in a long time. So we braved the water and the mud to see her. It was a good choice, you see, this park is gravel. There was very little mess! It made for a happy mommy and happy kiddos. We didn't even have to use the towels we brought!

Swings are always fun!

Even though he was out numbered by toddlers and preschoolers, Branson found something fun to do.

You would know, there was one spot of muddy water. Every kid seemed to find their way over to play in it. Kids and mud - has to be a major force of nature pulling these two together.


"Macy are you aren't thinking about playing in the mud, are you?"

Lane usually comes prepared to any event. He has a bag of Hot Wheels that makes the trip in the diaper bag. For this reason, he always wants to carry it. He affectionately refers to it as his "man bag." I knew it was time to go when he dumped out the man bag and couldn't find the Hot Wheels. This classifies as a tragedy when you are a 2 year old boy. We loaded up and headed home, happy we had been able to spend this beautiful morning with some good friends.


When we pulled into the driveway, after our outing, I really noticed the beautiful color in these roses. The rain really changes they way things look around here. I just love them


but I really fell in love with this one, just a single red rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment